The Intentional Self-talkApril 29, 2022 2022-04-29 11:52
The Intentional Self-talk
Every day we go through several emotions based on experiences.
When a negative emotion or a feeling invades our mind, it tends to stick and multiply. For example: Do you remember the last time you were bored or frustrated? How easy was it to change into an active or cheerful mode?
Our negative mindset drives our behaviours and actions, ultimately giving us results that we don’t want.
Imagine if you could find a way to deal with your negative thinking and get rid of your problem.
- When you are in a negative state of mind, label your emotion such as frustration, anxiety etc.
- Think of the emotion you want to experience instead, such as excitement or happiness.
- Start changing your self-talk to focus on what you want instead of what you are currently experiencing. E.g., I am happy, excited, and peaceful.
- Ask yourself, what’s the purpose of your frustration or anxiety.
- What actions can you take to change your current situation to make you happy?
Making an intentional change to our self-talk and taking responsibility for our negative state is crucial for a prosperous life. We have the power to change our self-talk, feelings and emotional awareness. When we start taking action, our situations change, and we get the results we want.